Saturday, January 21, 2012

Strawberry Muffins



Prep Time: 20 minutes
Cooking Time: 20 minutes
Makes between 12 and 24 depending on your muffin tins


3 cups flour
1/2 cup sugar
1 tbsp baking powder
1/2 cup brown sugar
125g butter, melted
3 tbsp yoghurt
1 cup milk
1 1/2 cups strawberries, chopped


Preheat oven to 200 C/400 F. Brush oil into bottoms only of muffin tins. Sift flour, sugar and baking powder into a bowl. Stir in brown sugar.

Combine melted butter, yoghurt and milk; stir into dry ingredients until just blended.

Fold in berries very lightly and carefully. Spoon into greased muffin tins until two-thirds full.

Bake 20 minutes until browned. Serve hot with butter.

Note: The recipe calls for sprinkling icing sugar over them while they are still hot. I find (for me anyway) that it detracts from their yummy flavour. I also find I don't need to eat them with butter. They are just fantastic as they are.

This time I used 3 tbsp egg replacer and 3 tbsp sour cream (I'm out of yoghurt) and they came out really moist and yummy! :o)

This is adapted from Family Circle's Muffins, Scones & Teacakes. I've used this recipe for about 18 years and it has always come out perfectly every time.

Enjoy!

No comments:

Post a Comment