Saturday, January 21, 2012

JR's Pancakes

I developed this one way back before my kids were even born. I've tried other pancake recipes but this one is my family's favourite. It's very versitile and simple.1 1/2 cups flour
1 tsp baking soda
pinch of salt
milk
Mix dry ingredients and whisk in enough milk to make a thin (but not to thin!) batter. Heat should be med-low. Pour in a couple of tbsp batter and spread. Cook on both sides 'til golden brown.You can do all kinds of things with these from adding syrup (homemade is yum!) to making what I call Jewelled Pancakes. Make a small fruit salad including pomeganate (the 'jewels') and top pancakes with the fruit salad. Serve like this or add a dollop of cream too...sometimes I use these pancakes for dessert simply adding ice cream to them. So simple but it looks and taste...WOW!If making savoury filled pancakes, cook one side then flip and add filling to one half of pancake and fold in half. Cook one half then flip to cook other half.
Enjoy! :o)

No comments:

Post a Comment